is eighteen miles west of Beaver at the junction
of U-21 and U-130. It was settled in the spring of 1859 and had several
different names such as The Farm, Lower Beaver, Cottonwoods, Grundyville,
and Punkin Center. It was finally named Minersville to honor the miners
who worked in the adjacent mines. There is an alternate claim that the
settlement was named to honor a miner, Grant Prisbey, one of the early
settlers who helped survey the townsite.
W. Van Cott