History of Mohrland, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

MOHRLAND

Mohrland (Emery) was a coalmining town three miles south of Hiawatha on upper Cedar Creek. The four leading organizers of the town wer Mays, Orem, Heiner, and Rice. The town name is a combination of the first initials of their names with "land" added to the end. In 1938 the mines were shut down and the town was abandoned.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers