History of Moore, Utah
-

MOORE

Moore (Emery) is on U-10 five miles northeast of Emery. The original name for this community was Rochester, the name of M. B. Whitney's hometown. Whitney was the promoter of the Independent Canal and Reservoir Company, which was incororated in 1894 in order to develop the land in the vicinity. In 1940 the community name was changed to Moore to honor L. C. Moore, a landowner and manager of a local farm project.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers