In 1874 construction
was begun on a courthouse in the city, which also served as the county
seat. This building served both the city and county until 1959 when
the City and County Memorial Building was constructed.
In 1890 there
were 333 people residing in the city's boundaries. By 1911 the city
had been given the classification of a third-class town, with 756 inhabitants.
It is now identified as a third-class city, with 2,023 inhabitants (1990
In 1903 the First
National Bank of Morgan was organized and opened its doors for business.
This bank continues to serve the citizens of Morgan. Through the years
many businesses have located in Morgan. In 1904 the Morgan Canning Company
was incorporated. The canning industry boosted the agriculture economy
of the area, as peas and cabbage were grown locally to be processed
and canned for distribution throughout the country. The company was
sold to Utah Packing Company in 1930 and again changed in 1935 to California
Packing Corporation. It closed its doors in 1956.