Morgan City had
its own soft drink bottling company, known as Morgan Bottling Works.
It operated from 1920 until 1934 and at one time distributed its products
as far as Evanston, Wyoming. A ZCMI store and J.C. Penney store also
were at one time located along Commercial Street.
For years, beginning
in the 1930s, many local residents were part of the Utah Poultry Producers
Co-op Association and shipped thousands of eggs on a regular basis.
In 1936 a PWA
(Public Works Administration) project was undertaken in the city with
the construction of the elementary school building. This provided a
modern and adequate facility to accommodate all the students from the
eight different two- and three-room schools located throughout the county.
Morgan was honored for being the first consolidated school system in
the state. In 1977 Morgan City again became the home of a new concept
in education. A middle school system was implemented for grades five