1. Mexican War Service Records 1845-1848. United States National Archives. Muster-in and
payroll. US Archives microfilm numbers 351-1, 351-2 and 351-3.
2. Returns Lists. The Returns Lists were compiled on the Members of Companies A and B at
Council Bluffs, Iowa, July 21 and 22, 1846. Available at the LDS Church Family History Library,
Salt Lake City, Utah. Microfilm number 001922.
3. Final Muster Roll of Companies B and C and of the Re-enlistment Company which was called
Company A. Compiled in July, 1846. Available at the LDS Church Family History Library, Salt
Lake City, Utah. Microfilm number 937032.
4. US Government Pension Records. Pension records of many of the Battalion members.
Available at the LDS Church Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah. Microfilm numbers
480129 to 480149. These microfilms contain only pension data of the Mormon Battalion and were
compiled by Dr. Ben Bloxham.
5. Veterans With Federal Service. Utah State Archives. Salt Lake City, Utah. Records of War
Veterans who are buried in the State of Utah, containing burial records of veterans of the War of
1812 through the year 1966.
Should there be any additions to this roster, they would require proper documentation. No less
then two primary sources are required for these additions.
To the best of my knowledge, this roster of the Mormon Battalion is accurate down to two
names; there were only two names on all of the many rosters which have been compiled over the
years that could not be confirmed.
Carl V. Larson