OnlineUtah.com Banner
History of Nephi, Utah
Taken from the Utah History Encyclopedia (Links Added)
-5-

Early in 1900 the main railroad line was moved west to Lynndyl and Delta. This resulted in some changes, but the people generally adjusted and other industries appeared to supplement the economy. In 1930 Nephi Poultry, Inc., which was affiliated with the Utah Poultry Association, was formed and employed a number of locals. The Nephi Processing Plant was organized in July 1945 to process turkey meat. In 1947 the Juab Valley Feed Company was organized; in 1958 it was purchased by Utah Poultry.

In June 1948 Termoid Western was dedicated and opened for inspection. The company manufactured rubber conveyor and transmission belting; molded types of industrial hose for oil fields, automotive fan belts, mechanical rubber products, and tank lining. By 1956-57 gross sales reached over six million dollars and it employed about 300 people. During the past thirty years the company has had multiple changes. It has closed and reopened, has changed owners several times, and is now operating as N.R.P.-Jones. It currently employs about 145 people.

Page 5
Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers