History of Newcastle, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

NEWCASTLE

Newcastle (Iron) is a small agricultural community on U-56, twenty-seven miles west of Cedar City at the mouth of Pinto Canyon. In 1910 the community began moving down-canyon from Pinto to a region offering better opportunities. The cliffs surrounding the new site were castellated. To make the name more euphonious and to signify a fresh start, the word "new" was added.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers