OnlineUtah.com Logo
History of North Logan, Utah
Taken from the Utah History Encyclopedia. (Links Added)
-3-

North Logan and the Utah State University campus first became associated in 1901. Six acres of the town's land were originally purchased for use in conducting irrigation research. Additional land was added to the Agronomy farm. The Greenville Experimental Farm eventually became the principal center for activities aimed at breeding better cereal crops, testing new varieties of many different crops, and researching irrigation and soil management. Other research projects over the years included poultry research, wildlife research, and veterinary research. The Green Canyon Forest Tree Nursery was also established. Utah State University still continues to expand into North Logan. Current structures include the Distribution Center, the Green Canyon Ecology Research Center, the horse arena, the Mountain West Physical Therapy building, the Navajo Sheep Project, and the poultry farm.

Dairying has also played an important economic role in North Logan. Many local milk producers sold milk to the Cache Valley Dairy Association. Cheese plants were also developed. Other industries developed (although all have not continued); they include the livestock industry, mink ranching, chicken hatcheries, turkey farms, apple orchards, vegetable canning, and beekeeping. Currently a WalMart store helps add revenue to the city's tax base.

Linda Thatcher


Page 3
Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers