Orangeville has the largest social hall in Emery county and first class entertainment's have always been furnished by the Home Dramatic company. Co-operation has enabled the people to build public houses, construct canals and bridges and form companies for the general advancement of the people's interests. Many new and commodious residences adorn the town and beautiful shade and fruit trees decorate the streets and town lots. The only nursery in Emery county is located here and conducted by C. H. Oliphant, one of the pioneers in fruit-growing in Utah. The Ladies Relief Society has a commodious hall in construction, new business interests are being added and Orangeville has a future of prosperity equal to any similar sized village in the State of Utah. U. E. Curtis is Justice of the Peace; J. C. Woodward, Constable and Estray Poundkeeper, and William F. Fail is postmaster. The school population number 260 pupils, and schools are conducted under the management of L. D. Jewkes, principal.
History of Sanpete and Emery counties, Utah : with sketches of cities, towns and villages, chronology of important events, records of Indian wars, portraits of prominent persons, and biographies of representative citizens
Published by Ogden : W. H. Lever, 1898
Found at Family History Center FHL US/CAN Film 823604 Item 2