History of Osiris, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

OSIRIS

Osiris (Garfield) is a ghost town site eight miles south of Antimony on the east fork of the Sevier River. The settlement was established in 1910 as Henderson after William James Henderson, an earlier Panguitch sheep man who donated land for the townsite. Later W. E. Holt (Halt?) from nearby Widtsoe build a creamerly, flour mill, and home on the site, then renamed it Osiris for the King or god of the dead. The altitude and insufficient water resources prevented the growth of reliable vegetable crops, and within ten years the settlement was abandoned.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers