OnlineUtah.com Banner
History of Pleasant View, Utah
Taken from the Standard Examiner. (Links Added)
-

Name of city and how it got its name: Considered part of North Ogden for its first 30 years, Pleasant View was known during its early days by several names. These included West District, Hot Springs District, String Town or simply Out West. The city was officially named Pleasant View by Wilford Cragun, the first white child born in the area.

Population: 3,640 as of 1990.

Founding date and who founded it: The first pioneers settled here in 1852 and the town was officially dubbed Pleasant View by Wilford Cragun, the first white child born in the area. The 1852 settlers were the William Bailey Lake, Thomas Dunn, John Mower and Simeon Cragun families.

Notable landmarks: The area became a popular tourist stop because of the natural hot springs located in its north western corner that lies adjacent to Box Elder County. The Utah Hot Springs Resort was created at the site in the 1880s. During its peak, the facility offered visitors bathing and swimming pools, a hotel with 40 rooms, a dance hall and a saloon where a mug of beer could be bought for five cents. The facility no longer exists.

Standard Examiner


Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers