History of Pleasant Grove, Utah
Taken from the Utah History Encyclopedia (Links Added)

Early non-farm related industries included two planing mills that shaped and finished wood for building. Fugal Construction has employed numerous men for more than eighty-six years. Fugal Brothers Plumbing was started in 1906 by Chris, Jens, and Niels Fugal. Their first major job was installing Lindon City's waterworks in 1924; by 1948 they had installed about forty city waterworks in Utah and Idaho. The company now continues into the fourth generation. The Karl B. Warren Concrete Pipe Plant began operation in the late 1930s, providing pipe for the Salt Lake aqueduct. This project stopped during World War II, causing the plant to close. After the war, it operated sporadically under different ownerships-- United Concrete Pipe, and now California Pressure Pipe Company. Westroc (formerly Warburton Readymix, and then Ashroc) has operated since 1948. Bayleys Clothing manufacturers employed numerous women from the late 1960s into the 1980s. An industrial park, located on the west side of the city since the 1960s, contains service-oriented businesses.

The close-set houses and the small business area of the town grew from a fort the first settlers were forced into because of the 1853 Walker Indian War. The fort became the nucleus of the town and its development. Before 1900 many houses were built of soft rock found in the eastern foothills. This type of rock distinctly marks the town's early buildings.

Page 3
Comments & Questions to

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |