Rainbow (Uintah) was a small mining community built especially for gilsonite miners, four miles south of Watson. The town was named for the nearby Rainbow Mine, which was well developed by 1920. By 1938 the settlement was abandoned.
John W. Van Cott
Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry |
Lakes | Lodging |
Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |
Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |