History of Rains, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

RAINS

Rains (Carbon) was a mining community six miles up Spring Canyon, northwest of Helper. It was named for the owner of the mine, L. F. Rains, a prominent mining engineer. The community was established in 1915 and shut down in 1958.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers