History of Randlett, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

RANDLETT

Randlett (Uintah) is near the Uinta River ten miles southeast of Fort Duchesne. The area was first settled by whites in 1892, abandoned, and resettled in 1905. Colonel James Randlett was the local Indian agent and commanding officer at nearby Fort Duchesne. Indians and whites both considered him to be a good officer who tried to help the Indians. His name was given to the settlement after it was previously called Leland for a short period of time.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers