Richardson (Grand) was twenty-seven miles south of Cisco and seventeen miles northeast of Moab. The settlement was developed in 1879 on Professor Creek, two miles from the Colorado River. In 1898 the town was a uranium shipping point named for Dr. Sylvester Richardson, who was also known as Profefssor. Richardson was the postmaster and a teacher in a small school in Professor Valley. Today Richardson is a ghost town site.
John W. Van Cott