History of Richmond, Utah
Taken from the Utah History Encyclopedia. (Links Added)

A major event in Richmond is the annual Black and White Days celebration. It was started in 1913 to promote and stimulate an interest in better quality dairy cattle. The event has evolved from driving the cattle into the old tithing yard with judges riding horses through the herd to pick out the award-winning animals to its present status as one of the largest exclusive Holstein dairy shows in the United States, with its own permanent grounds and pavilion. The event is held each year in May and draws exhibitors from throughout the Intermountain West.

Richmond has had religious diversity since territorial times. The *Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was organized in Richmond in the 1870s and continued there until 1903. The 1890 census showed Richmond with thirty-three Reorganized Church members. In 1883 the Presbyterian Church opened a school in Richmond. The school was held in a log house and was taught by Jennie McGintie, who remained for about a year and a half until the arrival of a Reverend Mr. Renshaw, who took charge of the Presbyterian congregations in Franklin, Richmond, and Smithfield. Richmond's Presbyterian school closed in 1907.

* Community of Christ
Page 3
Comments & Questions to

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |