Richmond LDS Ward was organized in the spring of 1860. An additional
chapel was built in 1917. The Benson Stake Tabernacle, erected in 1903,
was condemned in 1962 following an earthquake, and a new Benson Stake
Center was built and dedicated in 1964. The stake center serves seven
wards in Lewiston, Cove, Cornish, Trenton, and Richmond. Richmond now
has five LDS wards.
had a growth of around 1,000 people from 1940 to 1970. A period of growth
began in the 1970s, and according to the 1990 census the population was 1,955.
Amos W. Bair, The History of Richmond, Utah (1976).