History of Royal (Rolapp), Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

ROYAL (ROLAPP)

Royal (Carbon) was on US-6, 50 south of and near Castle Gate. The area was gradually consumed by coalmining activities. Throughout the history of this community, the name has been changed several times. It was originally Bear Canyon for the canyon where the early miners settled. In 1913 Frank Cameron developed a mine in the vicinity and the community became Cameron. In 1917, Cameron sold the mine to Henry Rolapp whose name then was used for the town. In the 1920s the Royal Coal Company purchased the mine and the town had its newest and last name, Royal. Today the community is completely gone, except for a few stone walls and lilac bushes.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers