Springs (Utah) are on the northwest shore
Lake. An early settler was John C. Nagle who owned the natural warm springs. The ranch and springs were then purchased by the John Beck family who resided there for many years. In 1884 Beck's Saratoga Springs, named for the famous New York resort, opened with several buildings including an amusement park.
Today the original buildings are gone, however, a new clubhouse, outdoor pool, bowery with kitchen facilities have been built as part of a private development.
The foothills of Lake Mountain have been developed around the hot springs providing beautiful lakeshore living. A new marina allows access to boaters. In 2003 an 18 hole golf course opened along the shores of the lake.
G. William Wiersdorf
See: Saratoga Springs, City Information; Utah Place Names 1997, John W. Van Cott.