History of Snyderville, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

SNYDERVILLE

Snyderville (Summit) is four miles northwest of Park City. It was settled in 1865 by J. M. Grant, H. C. Kimball, and Samuel C. Snyder, who developed mine holdings and a sawmill in the area. After the Overland Stage went through this area, it became known as Snyders Station and later Snyderville, for G. G. Snyder, the younger brother of Sam. G. G. was a probate judge who named Park City.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers