History of Standardville, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

STANDARDVILLE

Standardville (Carbon) was up Spring Canyon, four and one-half miles northwest of Helper. In 1911 the settlement was built for miners working for the Standard Coal Company, which operated several mines in the area. Standardville had the reputation of being an ideal mining town, a standard for others to achieve. After the mines closed down in 1950 the people moved out and/or down to Helper. Standardville is now a ghost town.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers