History of Tabiona,Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

TABIONA

Tabiona is a small agricultural community southwest of Tabby Mountain on the Duchesne River. In 1860 a military fort was built on this site. The fort was named Tabiona, but was also known as Tabbyille and, until 1915, it was often called Tabby. The name refers to two Ute Chiefs, Tava (Tabby) and Tayneena. They lived in the area with their people. In 1915 Tabiona became the formal name.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers