History of Talmage, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

TALMAGE

Talmage (Duchesne) is a small ranching community eight miles west of Altamont and fourteen miles north of Duchesne. White settlers originally established this community in 1907 and in 1912 it was named Winn when the settlement was platted. In 1914 the name was changed to Talmage to honor James E. Talmage, a Mormon church official.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers