OnlineUtah.com Logo
History of Chief Tintic, Utah
-

Sub-chief of the Utes and ring-leader of a hostile group stole cattle and horses and generally made life difficult for the settlers. Two herdsmen were killed during these clashes which took place in 1856 in the Tintic and Cedar Valleys west of Utah Lake. These skirmishes during this time became known as the Tintic War.

Chief Tintic had many areas named after him including mining district: East Tintic Mountains, Tintic Valley, East Tintic Mining District (Utah County), Tintic Mining District (Juab County), Tintic Station (railroad), Tintic Junction, and Tintic Mills (one of old mining camps). The Tintic Mill, (Standard Reduction Mill) processed the silver ore. There was also the Tintic Hospital during the mining boom.

G. William Wiersdorf

See: Wikipedia; Tintic War, Standard Reduction Mill, Black Hawk Productions; Tintic War, Rootweb; Tintic Mining District, Western Mining District; Juab County Gold Production.


Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers