History of Union, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

UNION

Union (Salt Lake) is in the southeast part of the Salt Lake Valley at Seventh East and Seventy-fifth South. The community was settled in 1849 by brothers John and Elmer Cox. It was first known as Little Cottonwood until 1854 when the name was changed to South Cottonwood. When South Cottonwood was divided, the southern half became Union (the name of the fort), a name suggestive of the unity, energy, good feeling, and cooperation displayed in order to accomplish their united goals.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers