History of Veyo, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

VEYO

Veyo (Washington) is a hamlet on U-18 and the upper Santa Clara River, eithteen miles north of St. George. When the area was originally settled in 1911, it was called Glen Cove. When the townspeople later decided to have a permanent name, they asked the local Mormon "Beehive" girls to provide a name. The girls came up with an acronym of virtue, enterprise, youth, and order. Another version records the girls creating the name from parts of the words "verdure" and "youth."

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers