History of Victor, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

VICTOR

Victor (Emery) was ten miles south of Wellington. This small community was initially established in 1885 near a small lake formed from seepage waters. The original name was Desert Lake, which was derived from the small lake. By 1920, the settlers were worn out by the unending struggle to survive with insufficient water, so they moved away and Victor became a ghost town.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers