History of Willard, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)
WILLARD

Willard (Box Elder) is midway between Brigham City and Ogden on US-89. It was settled in 1851 and called North Willow Creek for the name of the creek the people settled on, and to separate it from South Willow Creek (Draper). In 1857 a mass meeting was called to select a new name. Solomon Warner moved that the name be changed to Willard to honor Willard Richards, a sounselor to Brigham Young.

John W. Van Cott
See some pictures!

>>>> New for Teachers and Students! <<<<
Google
 
Web onlineutah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities & Counties | Climate | Credits | Crime | Dining | Education | Entertainment |

Government |Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging | Maps | Media | Mountains |

Museums | Olympics | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather | Disclaimer

Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com


Mark Robinson Realty Brokers