Mosida (Utah) was on the southwest shore of Utah Lake, eleven miles north of Elberta. On December 5, 1908, R.F. Morrison, Joseph A. Simpson, and J.E. Davis purchased 6,880 acres of land to establish a new community. Within four to five years a hotel, schoolhouse, post office, and general store were operating. In 1915 the town was hopelessly in debt and by 1924 it was a ghost town. The community name was coined from the surnames of the three promoters, Morrison, Simpson, and Davis.
John W. Van Cott