Cedar City Co-op and Livestock Company was formed, and after several
years, distributed the cattle to their stockholders and sold the brand.
The Co-op kept the ranch and leased it until 1898. At this time, Cedar
city had just completed the first building for the Branch Normal School
(known today as Southern Utah University). The "Old Main" building was
completed, but no funds were left to install a heating plant. The state
would not accept it, or approve it, as an institute of higher learning
without the heating facilities. The people had donated money to build
the edifice until they were hard pressed, and so, in seeking a way to
get the money to put in the heating plant, the stockholders of Enoch
sold the ranch and donated the money for the completion of the building,
thus ensuring the acceptance of the school by the state.
community continued the proud pioneer tradition of cattle ranching,
farming, and raising fine progressive families. On January 10, 1966,
Enoch was approved by the Iron County Commissioners as an incorporated
town. Two meetings were held before the action was taken. A petition
was drawn up and signed by a majority. One hundred people had to live
in the area to qualify, and Enoch qualified with 102. The community
was formed to protect their water supply.