OnlineUtah.com Logo
History of Tremonton, Utah
Taken from the Utah History Encyclopedia (Links Added)
-5-

The town's name of Tremont was of short duration. Within three or four years, the name was so frequently confused with Fremont, Utah, that postal authorities requested a name change for the newer town. By simply adding two letters to Tremont, the town became Tremonton and the identity problem was solved.

A town organization was effected on 6 January 1906, with J.A. Fishburn as president, and J.C. Gates, D.C. Roush, S.B. Watland, and E.M. Wyatt members of the board, with George Shuman, clerk. They at once began to make improvements. Land for a city park was purchased from John Shuman for $50.00. In 1909 the old board sidewalks were replaced by cement walks; in 1910 a $6,000 bond was issued and a water system installed using water from the local canals; in 1911 Utah Power and Light Company installed an electric light system.


Page 5
Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers