acres adjoining the twelve original acres were purchased for park development.
A pavilion was erected with tables and benches. A baseball park and
tennis courts were built in 1972. In 1976, the nation's bicentennial
year, the city bought the property originally owned by the Martin Harris
family for the Martin Henderson Harris Memorial Park. The Utah Bicentennial
Committee provided most of the money and local citizens provided much
of the labor. Included in the park is a centennial grove planted by
community founder Martin H. Harris in 1876 to commemorate the nation's
one hundredth birthday.
Utah enters the twenty-first century, Harrisville, with a population of 3,004 in 1990, continues to function as a vital northern Utah community.