Uintah continued to function as an agricultural area. In 1870 a circulating library was established in the schoolhouse, which also served as a social hall and church meeting place. The Uintah Branch of the Mormon Church was reorganized as an LDS ward in 1877, and plans made to construct a church building. The building was finally completed in 1892 at great sacrifice of time and labor to the church members and at a cost of $800. Also in 1899, a new brick school house was constructed followed by a canning factory built in 1900 to can locally grown fruit and tomatoes. Despite the building activities, Uintah experienced little growth in population. The population of Uintah in 1900 was less than 300 people.
A Boy Scout troop was organized in 1923 by Golden Kilburn, a Uintah schoolteacher. The troop's first big project was to build the big block letter "U" which is still a prominent landmark on the mountain east of town. The project turned out to be too much for the Scouts so the townspeople turned out and helped complete the project. It has been a tradition for the town to turn out when school is out in the spring to whitewash the "U." This town celebration is known as "U-Day."